[School History Logo]

The History of our Public Schools
Wyandotte County, Kansas

1844
2012

 

 

Site Navigation: History Homepage / Biographies Index / Building Index of Libraries and Schools / Ethnic History of Schools / FAQs - Did You Know? / First Things First / Historian's Roundtable of Wyandotte County / Maps and Land Records / One-Room Schoolhouses / Picture Gallery / Publications, Online Transcriptions, Links / Queries / Copyright/Disclaimer

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

Page Divider Bar

Cobb/Stewart School

Location:

Built:  1888

Other Names: Waterworks

Building Closed: 1917

Architectural Blue Prints and/or Plot Plan of School Building

SUMMARY

1885 - Cobb/Stewart - School was closed and a one-room schoolhouse erected on 12th St.  (Between 1883 and 1885 the city extended its limits from Seventh Street to Ninth Street, taking in the old Cobb or Stewart School at Ninth and Quindaro. School relocated on North 12th Street.  History of the KCKs Public Schools, Nellie McGuinn)

1911 - March 27:  District 7 asked to be annexed for school purposes.

September:  One teacher, Gracy Hynes.

School on North 12th belonging to District 7 was named Eugene Ware-Waterworks.

1917 - Miss Hynes to Bryant School and Eugene Ware-Waterworks closed.

1922 - Building to be sold.

Page Divider Bar

site search by freefind advanced

Download Adobe Acrobat ReaderLinks using reader are marked ( pdf ).
Click icon to download reader.
Use browser's back button to return

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

History Site created on December 02, 2002
Page last updated: 23-Apr-2014

Visit the KCKs Public Schools Homepage