[School History Logo]

The History of our Public Schools
Wyandotte County, Kansas

1844
2012

 

 

Site Navigation: History Homepage / Biographies Index / Building Index of Libraries and Schools / Ethnic History of Schools / FAQs - Did You Know? / First Things First / Historian's Roundtable of Wyandotte County / Maps and Land Records / One-Room Schoolhouses / Picture Gallery / Publications, Online Transcriptions, Links / Queries / Copyright/Disclaimer

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

Page Divider Bar

West Elementary School

West Elementary - Renamed W A White Elementary SchoolSee page for William Allen White

In 1953, 20 acres were purchased for the site at 43rd and Georgia.

1956: Lawson M. Roberts served as principal of West Elementary before the name was changed to William Allen White. 

In October of that year, the PTA was organized and Mrs. Peter Carr was president. An open house was held on November 15.

In October of that year, the PTA was organized and Mrs. Peter Carr was president. An open house was held on November 15.

Page Divider Bar

site search by freefind advanced

Download Adobe Acrobat ReaderLinks using reader are marked ( pdf ).
Click icon to download reader.
Use browser's back button to return

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

History Site created on December 02, 2002
Page last updated: 23-Apr-2014

Visit the KCKs Public Schools Homepage