[School History Logo]

The History of our Public Schools
Wyandotte County, Kansas

1844
2012

 

 

Site Navigation: History Homepage / Biographies Index / Building Index of Libraries and Schools / Ethnic History of Schools / FAQs - Did You Know? / First Things First / Historian's Roundtable of Wyandotte County / Maps and Land Records / One-Room Schoolhouses / Picture Gallery / Publications, Online Transcriptions, Links / Queries / Copyright/Disclaimer

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

Page Divider Bar

Storeroom

Nutritional Services & Storeroom - 2003

Prior to 1908, part of the storeroom was in the Carnegie Library, the shop in the old Gray Building at Central, and other buildings.  "Building Superintendent Biscomb moved the storeroom from the library to the shop before the beginning of the term in 1908."  Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools History by Nellie McGuinn, 1966.

After 1909, the storeroom (books, paper, etc.) was housed on 10th Street with the Shop Office (custodians/maintenance/labor).  In later years it was moved to this location.  At the left side of the building is Nutritional Services (Central Food Kitchen) with the Storeroom being located at the right side of the picutre above.

1973: Central Food Service - New facility added to warehouse to service school lunch programs in elementary schools without kitchens.

Director:  Roger Wiley

Page Divider Bar


Download Adobe Acrobat ReaderLinks using reader are marked ( pdf ).
Click icon to download reader.
Use browser's back button to return

Contact the History Webmaster - Patricia Adams

History Site created on December 02, 2002
Page last updated: 02-Jan-2012

Visit the KCKs Public Schools Homepage